Directed byMaylis Dartigue
Produced bySister Productions (France)
SynopsisIn 1989, I was adopted from Sri Lanka by parents from the Landes. In 2013, in Sri Lanka, I was reunited with my biological family.
From there, I chose to create my identity between my two lines of descent, my two cultures.
While learning to be the daughter of all my parents, I’m changing my view on my adoption’s story. I’m finding out about its ambivalence, and what it tells about the North-South relations.
To free myself from it, I need to unfold its complexity, through the tale of an initiatory and revolutionary journey.
By finding my mom, I met the world.
Festivals & awards
- Doc-Cévennes (Lasalle, France), 2022
- Le Grand Bivouac (Albertville, France), 2022
- The Documentary Month (France), 2022
TV7 - Conventions d'écriture
Fondation de France
Pitch SAYA award of "First film in region" Fipadoc 2019
France 3 Nouvelle Aquitaine and l'Heure D
CNC - FSA
- Images and Sound : Maylis Dartigue
- Additionnal Images : Samuel Neveu
- HI8 Images : Jean-Claude Dartigue
- 2013 Images : Jamila Jendari
- Editing : Adriana Komives
- Editing Assistant : Corentin Boucher
- Original Music : Santiago Dolan
- Sound Edit and Mix (stereo) 52' : Matthieu Cathelineau
- Sound Mix (5.1 + stereo) 74' : Sylvestre Buron
- Colour Grading : Jérémie Pouchard
- Subtitles : Almut Lindner