SynopsisAt the heart of Bordeaux is the imposing Labor Exchange, the structure stands as an emblem of an era when the value of work and the class struggle represented the moral foundation of society.
Its dilapidated facade, its deserted floors are evidence not only of the passage of time, but also that the vibrancy of the ideals of the Popular Front have been relegated to oblivion.
A group visits the building, its trade union activity seems to be a thing of the past, yet slowly the buildings inhabitants reveal themselves not only to be alive and well, but as committed as ever to social problems which could not be more current.
Festivals & awards
- Sélection officielle — Filmer le travail (Poitiers, France), 2014
La Région Aquitaine
Centre National du Cinéma et de l’image animée
- Cinematography : Isabelle Solas
- Sound : Aurélie Valentin
- Sound assistant : François Coiteux
- Editing : Marie-Pomme Carteret
- Original music and orchestration : Florent Ghys et Julia Wolfe
- Sound editing and mix : Ivan Gariel
- Mix : Melissa Petitjean
- Color grading : Claudio Cavallari